Monday, August 22, 2005

one small step for womankind

today i TURNED IN a draft of my dissertation to my advisor.

it's not the final draft. it's a prefinal draft.

even though she has seen every chapter of my diss and even though i have revised every chapter with her suggestions (at least once), this is the first time she is seeing the dissertation in its entirety. from the preface to chapter six. this is the first time I'VE seen the dissertation in its entirety.

i printed it out yesterday and found it to be rather unwieldy. so i decided to go to kinko's to see if i could some how bind it, in an i'm-not-done-YET kind of way. i selected spiral binding. it seemed appropriate so that my advisor could easily flip through and edit and make notes in the margins, etc.

as the kinko's guy was ringing up the sale, i was giggling, flipping through its 226 (not that i was keeping track!) pages. he looked at me like i was a little bit insane, but then said, "wait til you have it bound in leather. by that time you'll never want to see it again."

hmph! rest assured that there is NO RAIN ON MY PARADE!

i'm ecstatic! if i had money, i'd walk into a bar and buy everyone a round. at my income level, i'll probably just walk in and buy myself a margarita. but what is poverty! when you have an almost-done draft of a dissertation! :) :) :)

@>-->>---

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Belated Congrats, Jennifer! A real milestone.

Vince