Tuesday, April 26, 2005

sweetness

The past month has been, admittedly, an academic and professional misery. There have been precious few bright spots in my writing. No good news re: jobs or fellowships.

Nevertheless, I feel incredibly blessed by the people around me. There have been innumerable words of encouragement and affirmation from my family, close friends, and acquaintances. My girlfriends have comforted me through my tears more than once this month. Others have recommended interim job possibilities. Offered words of faith. Told me that my ethnography was like poetry. Gifted chocolate! Made me a personalized CD. :) Today my sister sent me a recipe for fried plantains, assuring me that it would make me feel better.

I count all of these things as blessings. And know that this is the sweetness of community.

@>-->>---

No comments: