Thursday, January 03, 2008

project 365

at the beginning of 2007, one of my new year's resolutions was to take one picture a day as part of a photo project i'd heard about called project 365. i usually write (in my journal, on the blog) to document the various moments of my life. i thought that this photo project would be a nice, different way to remember this past year. i also thought it might help me improve my photo skills!

for those of you who followed the project on flickr, you know that i was extremely dedicated the first half of the year. the second half, i faltered. it turns out that my project 365 is more like, project 320. ;) in any event, i wanted to share my favorite pictures from each month.

january

these happy face cookies are from smith's bakery in bakersfield. every time i go home i like to have one. i thought they looked pretty cute on the bakery tray, waiting to be purchased. :)

february

i took this picture in boyle heights, just outside my friend's apartment. i thought this mural was great.

march

joseph sent these roses to me at the office in march. it was one of my sweetest day that month.

april

i took this picture at central market when i went to austin this month. i think that we were grocery shopping for my friend cristina's birthday party. i snapped this pic in the produce section. i liked the way the light was hitting these chiles.

may

this accordionist is part of a local band named "mula." they performed at the ethnic studies senior award ceremony.

june

i took this picture while on vacation with my family this month in cancĂșn. this pier was just outside the hotel where we stayed.

more pics of the past year to come!

@>-->>---

5 comments:

marisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I really like this idea ~ posting a favorite photo for each month of the past year ~ I really like the ones you selected ~ it looks like it was a wonderful year ~ abrazo!

jennifer said...

thanks, mari. it was a good year--had its ups and downs, but overall good. :)

cindylu said...

chiles are fun to photograph! nice photos. i admire your dedication to project 365. i tried it for like a month (starting in june) and quickly fell off the wagon. it really makes you think about what is/is not worthy of photographing.

jennifer said...

cindy--i fell of the project 365 wagon during the latter part of the summer/early fall, but i decided to go ahead and try to finish. it was hard coming up with new things to photograph!