Monday, January 15, 2007

i am rewarded for a fit of procrastination


this evening i have been obediently reading for class tomorrow, but must confess that i have taken frequent breaks. one of those breaks was to turn on the golden globe awards just within moments of américa ferrera accepting the award for best actress in a television comedy/musical.

honestly, i hadn't paid much attention to the golden globes this year. i hadn't even realized that américa had been nominated. but when i heard her name along with felicity huffman, julia louise dreyfuss, and a couple of other seasoned actresses, i just crossed my fingers and said a quick, "please, please please." and she won!

i'm thrilled for her. i think that she is a beautiful young woman and a talented actress. i love the roles that she has chosen, and i love that she is role model of intelligence and beauty for latinas and all young women within the realm of popular culture.

hooray for betty!

now back to work!

@>-->>---

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I lover her too! I love Ugly Betty..never miss a show!!

Vanessa said...

I already liked Ugly Betty and America Ferrera. Now I like them both even more! America seems like somebody I could be friends with and that makes me feel closer to her. That's something I can't say about other prominent Latinas: Salma is too beautiful, Eva Longoria reminds me of the cheerleaders in my high school who I didn't like (the fact that she's from Texas adds to this bias), and Jennifer Lopez seems bitchy and stuck up. Hmm, am I missing anybody?

America would have coffee and share a brownie.