Wednesday, April 15, 2009

showered


i have been to many bridal showers in my 33 years. i know the silly games, the prizes, the finger foods, the cake, etc. it's all been fun. but this past weekend i was on the other side of all of the festivity. my sister, with the help of my mom and one of my good friends from home, put together a lovely little party for me.

one of the highlights was "failing" a game that asked me to answer various questions about joseph. for example, what is joseph's favorite band? favorite pizza topping? i got those right. the name of his first pet and his biggest pet peeve, i got wrong. all in all, i missed 8 out of 20 questions. for each question i missed, i had to chew a piece of gum. so, as you can imagine, by the end of the game, i had a mouth full of tropical berry flavored gum (not appetizing at all).

i received some very thoughtful gifts, many of which were from our registry. so, there were a lot of kitchen/household items. i was thrilled to have been given a molcajete!!! i joked that i felt like i was being "domesticated." after 33 years, i suppose it was about time. :)

in any event, it was a really nice gathering of family and a few close friends. i appreciated how excited everyone was for me, the bride to be!

@>-->>---

3 comments:

Olga said...

We played the same game with my sister. It was incredibly entertaining for those of us not chewing gum, I'm not exactly sure why.

Yay for the molcajete! I expect some good guacamole next time I show up for those margaritas y'all were going to make me.

jennifer said...

yes! it's going to be fun to take all these kitchen appliances for a test drive! :)

Anonymous said...

a molcajete! i know you've been wanting one--so glad you got one. i second olga on the guacamole tip. :)

that gum game sounds hilarious! i once played one with saltine crackers--and after many crackers in your mouth crumbs fly everywhere. gum is much more fun!