Tuesday, May 29, 2007

the "i am" meme

pete tagged me with this one. i was counting how many sentences i have to begin with "i am," and notice that each person i've read who has done this meme has done a different number. that makes me a little crazy. i need a template, people!

i am sitting on my very comfortable red couch, feet propped up on the coffee table that my brother donated to me, listening to the evening traffic rumble along outside my window.

i am, according to pete, la cantante maravillosa. when i saw that he was tagging "la cantante maravillosa," i wondered, "who's she?" thanks, pete. it was a great party.

i am waiting for joseph to iron his clothes, so that we can have our evening chat. these are our rituals. :)

i am promising myself that i will get up early and go to the gym tomorrow morning. i have washed all of my athletic apparel, so i have no excuses.

i am going to read the articles that i assigned to my class tonight, so that i don't have to have as stressful a wednesday as i usually do. students are not the only ones who procrastinate.

i am sad that it is tuesday, and there will be no new episode of the gilmore girls. ever again.

i am glad that i've been able to spend each weekend of the past month with family and friends in bakersfield, austin, and LA!

i am looking forward to the end of the quarter. very much.

i am looking forward to going to cancun in a few weeks.

i am a bad blogger. i think i'm averaging two posts a month these days (including memes!).

i am also turning out to be a bad writer (in terms of academic writing). but hopefully i can turn that around this summer.

i am not going to tag anyone else!

@>-->>---

4 comments:

Olga said...

I am supposed to do this one too, but am quite alarmed by the lack of rules or guidelines (how many? about the existential or the mundane?). Virgos llike rules.

But I am also glad that you were here in Austin, and I am also excited for Cancun! Yay!

la rebelde said...

awww, c'mon mujeres, must we always have structure? it's "i am"! ;)

i didn't know the gilmore girls was ending! i'm so sad!

Pete said...

This from a social scientist and a literary scholar! I would say that if you must know how many lines an "I am" post should have, get a representative sample and COUNT!! Do English-types still count lines in a poem? Do anthropologists still find averages and medians occasionally? Have fun in Cancun.

cindylu said...

I got a lot of work done on Tuesday night because I wasn't watching Gilmore Girls or Veronica Mars. I hope I don't get caught up with another TV show.