Tuesday, February 06, 2007

cinco cosas

la rebelde tagged me with this one. it was hard to think of things that people don't already know about me. i'm kind of an open book. this public blog probably indicates the openness of my life's book.

but! here goes (by the way, i'm writing this instead of an article that i should be working on):

1. i've had one black eye in my life. it was sometime during my early years of elementary school. my cousin vicky was a tomboy; she loved to be outside, climbing trees, running around. i was more of the stay-inside, nerdy, bookish type. she wanted to go out and play, and i wanted to stay inside and read my book. she tried to take my book away, i held on, a struggle ensued, and i came out with a black eye.

2. from second through sixth grade i was a serious competitor in the local catholic schools annual spelling bee. i won first place in second and third grade. in fourth and fifth, i came in second to bernadette r., who attended a rival school. in sixth grade, we were--again--the last two standing at the spelling bee. and i beat her. she missed the word "craftsmen."

3. my favorite kind of sandwich growing up was banana and mayonnaise. it was my mom's invention. i think that she had it once when she was growing up, and thought that i might like it. and i did! i haven't tried it in years, but it still sounds appealing to me.

4. my secret dream is to become a mariachi singer. but i don't know the words to many of the rancheras that i love. so this dream would take some work. and shouldn't dreams, by nature, not entail work?

5. my latest favorite TV show is everwood. it has been following the gilmore girls in syndication on abc family. almost every episode makes me cry. but i'm kind of a crybaby, so maybe that's not too surprising.

kind of random, but there you have it.

i tag joseph! let's see if he can come up with five things i don't know about him. ;)

@>-->>---

6 comments:

la rebelde said...

i've heard of banana and peanut butter, but banana and mayo? interesting...maybe i'll try it one day!

Olga said...

LOL! I can't believe that a BOOK gave you a black eye! That's classic.

Joel said...

I don't know what surprises me more, that "craftsmen" was used in the FINAL of a spelling bee or that bernadette got it wrong!?

Vanessa said...

I think banana is a universal food, something that goes with everything. I used to eat peanut butter, banana, and marshmellow fluff (it's in the baking aisle) sandwiches. Unbelievably delicious combination that I've been thinking about revisiting.

Hmm, what the hell were our parents feeding us???

Cincysundevil said...

I could sooooo see you as a mariachi singer. But PB and mayo???? ...

Anonymous said...

I haven't been around in what seems like ages, but I was just dropping by to say that things look great for you.

Keep on keeping on.