Friday, December 08, 2006

bare feet

i stole this video idea from la xicanista.

THIS is the shakira whose songs i sang at the top of my lungs during my drives from stanford to bakersfield and back during the mid-1990s. before her cross over.



notice that her hair is long. and straight. and black. and she's fully clothed.

i have always loved this song. my favorite line is
las mujeres se casan siempre antes de treinta, si no vestirán santos aunque así no lo quieran.
ten years ago, who could have predicted that i would be an unmarried mujer de treinta (y uno)?

i still haven't crossed over. ;)

@>-->>---

2 comments:

under the red sky said...

wow, you just made me feel a lot younger with that song! 31, 21, what's the difference. Do you still have hope for her to come back around? I don't. She played us all. I mean, look at her...she's getting married to a corrupt president's son.

jennifer said...

love is blind? i don't know. i saw her in concert a few years ago--the laundry service tour--and she showed a video along with one of her songs that showed bush playing chess with sadaam. it seemed pretty critical.

i still have hope.